Thanksgiving is here and with that the frenzy of holiday marketing truly explodes around us. Everyone selling just about anything is vying for a piece of your mind and ultimately a piece of your pocketbook. And if you are like many businesses, the holiday season accounts for a big part of your yearly business – one way or another.
So friends, here is a six step plan to make your name better known out there – (OK – maybe it won’t be a household name – but it will get you noticed.)
1) If you have a blog – flaunt it. Post regularly if you can – and be sure to sign your name to end of the post. You’ll be surprise how quickly the name will get picked up by Google. If you’re in the service business this is especially helpful.
2) Register your blog with Technorati and other directories. Costs nothing to do and will beging to get you some traction.
3) Get your friends and family to cross link to your blog or site. Yep – this is where networking helps. Ideally, get as many links into your site as possible – that is a key measure of importance to Google.
4) Don’t be afraid to give something away for free. It may sound counter-intuitive – but giving something of value for free does generate business. People appreciate honest value and they will reward you with their business. But be straight in your offer – no hidden clauses or surprise fees. That will turn them off faster than a bulb gone dead.
5) Promote any brand recognition you can. If you have won any awards or competitions that have branded cache, do a press release and send it out. You can send our press releases for free. Some of the biggest distributors are http://www.free-press-release.com http://www.prleap.com
6) Participate in the conversation. Or, become an expert by responding to articles and other people’s blog. You will definitely see an uptick in your recognition.
Some things I mentioned are quick hits and others take time. But follows these steps and soon when someone Google’s your name, they will see exactly what you want them to see.